Featuring - "Across America on a Motor Bicycle"
OVER THE ROCKIES AND THE GREAT DIVIDE TO THE PRAIRIES
By George A. Wyman
In addition to Wyman's report, of the 3rd leg of his epic and historic ride across America, are several interesting articles about motorcycling in August 1903.
- "A Legalized 'Holdup' in 'Free' America" The government discovers the value of the "ticket"
- "The Call to Arms" Government regulation chases the motorcyclist. The call to organize to lobby for rights of motorcyclists.
- "Emblematic of Motorcycling", Motorcycle club Iconography is born
- Is Motorcycling Hereditary? Like father, like son
- Ad for "The Mitchell" Billed as what may well be the first "fat boy" motorcycle
- and, many others...
Watch for the September 1903 edition of The Motorcycle Magazine next month.
Donate today! Help the George A. Wyman Memorial Project bring these historic publications to a wider group of motorcycle enthusiasts and to the general public. Become a member of the Project by volunteering to help or through a tax deductible Sponsorship. Check out our "Friends of George" page and become part of the efforts, "Linking the Past to the Present to Enrich the Future," today!