The George A. Wyman Memorial Project is an all volunteer organization. Our mission to promote the Wyman story, mark the points along his historic 1903 route and educate the general public about the significance of Wyman journey, is carried out by members of the Long-Distance riding and motorcycle touring communities. Were it not for the passion and commitment of these individuals, the significance of Wyman's long-distance riding accomplishment would be just a historical footnote...forgotten by almost all motorcyclists.
Contact the Project today... WymanMemorialProject@gmail.com
|Erin Colombo, Waypoint Volunteer|
- Invite - Contact the host to make them aware of the Wyman story at their location. Encourage their participation in the Project.
- Negotiate - Work with the host to determine the best way to bring the Wyman story into their community. Offer, at no charge to the host, the Wyman Waypoint sign, site narrative document, and where appropriate, Wyman Memorial plaque for authorized and secure display at a location in their community.
- Acceptance - Obtain commitment from the host to accept the Wyman items for display and to work with the Project on future promotions of the Wyman story.
- Shipment - Arrange shipment or personal delivery of the Wyman Waypoint sign, site narrative documents and where appropriate, Wyman Memorial plaque to the host.
- Placement - Verify mounting and placement of the Wyman items at a specific location. Obtain a photograph(s) and geographical coordinates of the mounting location for publication.
- Follow Up - Keep in touch with the host to strengthen the relationship between the Project and the hosting location.
Graphic Designer - The Project needs a skilled graphic designer/artist who can help make our promotional items appealing and professional looking.
- Web design
- Swag items
Webmaster - Currently, the Project uses Google Blogger as its web presence. It is free and has been adequate to give us a website that is easy to maintain. Eventually, we want to mount the GeorgeWymanMemorial.org website. We seek a talented individual to design, build, produce and maintain a dynamic website.
Project Officers and Volunteers do not receive compensation or reimbursement for time, travel or indirect expenses. The generous tax-deductible donations of our "Friends of George" Sponsors pay for the Project direct expenses, related materials, services and fees to mark the points along Wyman's 1903 route, support the historical research or to help spread the Wyman story.