"Across America on a Motor Bicycle"
By George A. Wyman
In addition to Wyman's report, of the 5th and last leg of his epic ride across America, are several interesting articles about motorcycling in October, 1903.
- "The Road to Knowledge," by Alvin Rich: The lessons of ride craft and keeping the motorcycle running at it best happen along the road.
- "Developing the Double Machine," by C.W. Brown: Pillions and the art of taking her along for the ride.
- "The Tour of Jack LaFiance," by Charles Hersey Fenner: A ride report of a familiar nature.
- "Motor Bicycles for Military Use," by Herbert N. Arthur: Wyman's example inspires General Nelson A. Miles to adapt the motorcycle for military use.
- "Suggestions for Beginners," by Frank B. Widmayer: So, you just got a motorcycle delivered in a crate? The 1903 version of the modern "Out of the Box" YouTube video.
Donate today! Help the George A. Wyman Memorial Project bring these historic publications to a wider group of motorcycle enthusiasts and to the general public. Become a member of the Project by volunteering to help or through a tax deductible Sponsorship. Check out our "Friends of George" page and become part of the efforts, "Linking the Past to the Present to Enrich the Future," today!